This company was dissolving and we were selected to help them with this process. One partner retired, the other became independent and the other decided to keep the company name and move to a new location.
We were contracted by the client in 2011 to help them move their existing servers and the AS/400 iSeries to a new location. The project involved approximately 5 users at the company. We were contracted to:
- Purchase a Sonicwall
- Coordinate with the ISP for moving the location.
- Move the two existing servers
- Installation and configuration of TrendMicro for antivirus
- Patch and monitoring of the servers
- Minor support of the AS/400 iSeries
After the move was completed the company contracted with us for ongoing support of the network. The tasks included
- Maintenance of the Exchange 2003 environment
- Patching and monitoring of the servers
- Maintaining of the file structure
- In 2014; Microsoft no longer supports Exchange 2003 and we made the recommendation to move the client to Office 365 which was performed over a weekend.
- decommissioned the Small Business 2003 server and move the remaining items to the Windows 2008 standard edition server
- Completed an active directory migration from 2003 to 2008
- Since the organization can handle credit information; the client was subject to bank technical audits which we made sure that the security audit was completed successfully. These audits happen every six months
- Migrated the organization from XP to Windows 7
- Ongoing patch support for the desktops
- Maintain battery backup
This client is an ongoing customer and we will continue to support the client. The client has been very happy with our services.